Saturday, April 29, 2017

Slayer-South of heaven(my review)



After ultra fast album Reign in blood they recorded a little slower album. Slayer started to write fresher songs and atmosphere is instantly better. I know that Slayer is about fast and ferocity but I pretty good like this album. The most of all I love it. I think Slayer is not only about fast. In their music are more ideas. And they maybe wanted to show they're also universal.
I like their music, style but here on South of heaven everything is awesome. Maybe some people don't like it. Why? It's not good, hard, heavy? For me this album is a good example how Slayer can be better. I like style of this album.
South of heaven starts with a gloomy riffs in song South of heaven. "Silent scream" has a pretty awesome melody. "Live undead" has a serious atmosphere. "Behind the crooked cross" has a great lyrics. "Mandatory suicide" is an anthem. "Ghosts of war" fast song with the greatest riff, melody at the end. The end of "Chemical warfare" is similar to beginning of "Ghosts of war.  "Read between the lies" has a great melody, vocals. "Cleanse the soul" intro is similar to "Silent scream". This song is unknown enough. Ranks among my favorite because I like those riffs and vocals. "Dissident aggressor" is a cover by Judas priest and sounds like a typical Slayer sound. "Spill the blood" another slower song with very interesting intro and majestic riffs.  South of heaven is full of good ideas, riffs, melodies, vocals, lyrics. Slayer did never repeat this style. South of heaven is an ornament in their discography.


No comments:

Post a Comment