Friday, April 21, 2017

Exodus-Force of habit(my review)





And here is another Exodus. But I ask myself what Exodus?
This is absolute personal and unique album. They did never repeat that style again because they're not monotonous.
Just Force of habit is after long time a good glance to age when Exodus and some bands were playing slower and by their own will. If someone wanted thrashing album then it wasn't.
After speed Impact is imminent it was for Exodus a trial by fire. I don't know how was Force of habit successful but is pretty good and it's interesting to hear Exodus in this style. Album is not very chaotic so songs are more fresh and funny. Force of habit is not very weak. I very like it. Songs are very good divided on fast and slow. Of course here is also heared talent by Gary Holt and Rick hunolt so called Architect of pain is a great 11 minutes song with awesome atmosphere and melodies. And then here is also a good thrashing as in Feeding time at the zoo.
But mainly on Force of habit are majestic riffs with nice melody (Count your blessings, Climb before the fall, Architect of pain).
Song One foot in the grave is very sad and slowly rolling. But songs Thorn in my side, Me myself and I, Force of habit, Climb before the fall, When it rains it pours, Count your blessings are with funny atmosphere and they are core of this album.
Song Good day to die is the slowest song with almost silent atmosphere and atypical for Exodus style.
And Steve is adapted in some songs where he sings very really with changed ways. In Good day to die he sings very clean. He sings mainly clean in every song.
But Zetro somewhere also screams. But only somewhere. Feeding time at the zoo is for his vocals the more aggressive in album.

Lyrics are very changed, this album is full of frases for usual life and some opinions. Lyrics from those songs are about it.
Thorn in my side
Me myself and I
Force of habit
Climb before the fall
When it rains it pours
Good day to die
Count your blessings
One foot in the grave

Another lyrics are about some stories. Exodus wrote a lyrics, songs atypical for them. But I think they created peculiarity and it's interesting. When there was no way out from the whole then Force of habit is light in the dark. Force of habit is a total rest from thrash metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment